Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Deleting a virus which is write protected?

Hi,



well.. i was on my messenger and i got a a virus. I know where it is.. but it is write-protected.



It is deffenetly a virus, because it is only since it has 'appeared' that i have been getting the alerts. The virus is made to spread, it sends automatic msg's threw my messenger to all my contacts spreading the virus. It is automaticaly hidden (i found it and un-hide it), but if you delete the file within it it automaticaly replace's itself. I cannot delete the folder itself because of ''write-protection''. I am deffenetly not using it as far as i know, as i have closed all my programs.



* picture: http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/7126/...



Please if anyone could help me i would be very grateful as this virus is slowing down my computer and stopping me from going on messenger (yahoo%26msn).



/Paul J



Deleting a virus which is write protected?free anti virus



Since you have already run a Norton and Spybot S%26D scan, you can skip those steps. If you cannot rid of the malware, try doing them in Safe Mode. If that still doesn't get rid of it, you can go to a free tech group (a few are listed at the bottom) where they specialize in manual malware removal.



Firstly update and run your anti-virus product. You can also run a free online scan as well as some malware can actually corrupt or disable your resident security products. Here are a few online scans you can run:

No comments:

Post a Comment