Friday, August 20, 2010

I know I have a virus, but it's not being detected by my antivirus software?

A few days ago I my anti-virus software (McAfee) detected and cleaned a Trojan on my computer. I scanned all my files and it found 3 more infected files, which we causing me to have numerous popups on my computer. I've scanned my computer probably 10 times in the best 3-4 days and although it says the system is clean I'm still getting popups and my computer's acting weird. My McAfee will not open, and when it finally does, it won't enable virus protection or allow my system to be scanned. When I open my computer's history, I see links that claim to be internet pages that appear with the title 'NDrBC' and usually comes with a number (1-9) following the 'C'. For example, one file is NDrBC3.tmp. It says this file is stored on my local disc in my Local Settings under 'Temp'. I am pretty sure this is a virus, can anyone confirm this for me? Should I try to manually delete these files, or should I buy complete new antivirus software, and what do you suggest? Price is not an issue. Thanks!



I know I have a virus, but it's not being detected by my antivirus software?nortonantivirus



Delete your temporary (.tmp) files. Notice these are completely different from the Temporary INTERNET Files that kids like to delete to prevent mommy and daddy from seeing where they have browsed! Navigate to the folder and delete if you can. Temp files are where downloaded programs install from.

No comments:

Post a Comment