Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lenovo X61 Tablet hardware problem -- URGENT!!!?

Hi. I have a problem with the locking mechanism on the X61 (both the slider on the keyboard (the spring) and the sliding hook on the display). I contacted IBM electronically (I used their ESC+ thing). Was that the right thing to do? I got it a couple of weeks ago and I got the 3 Year Depot Upgrade with 3 Year ThinkPad Protection. It's really confusing. Is there any way I can fix it myself?



Also, does anyone know if there is supposed to be something covering the two outlets for an UltraBase on the front side of the computer?



Thank you for any help.



In case it'll help:



Machine Type: 7764; Model type: CTO



I live in Queens, NYC.



Lenovo X61 Tablet hardware problem -- URGENT!!!?symatec



Lenovo Thinkpad support is usually world class. Talk to their tech support and they'll ask you to return the X61 for repair.



I have seen such covers - you may have to order the part from Lenovo.

No comments:

Post a Comment