Sunday, August 15, 2010

What gives with this heap of junk!?

I got a custom-built XP Professional computer. I downloaded a bunch of junk on it (I dont know if it matters) and keep getting the BSOD or blue screen whenever I get to the Desktop. Safe Mode works fine. The only error message I get sometimes says ''IRQL is not less or equal'' or something about a driver. Everytime I take it to the shop, they just say its viruses and dowload virus protection on it that works for two days and its back to being useless...What to change?



What gives with this heap of junk!?mcaffee



First of all, get rid of all the junk you installed on it, if they aren't quality programs they are likely causing your system to crash. You are right about the IRQL error being a driver. Some hardware device on your system is not liked by Windows. You will have to try to think of the last thing you installed on it (whether it be a program) or a driver that you updated or any new piece of hardware you installed and Windows doesn't like the driver. Don't download every piece of software you find on the internet that is just an invitation for trouble. I assume you are fairly good with computers so go to System Restore and go back to a point before you were having this problem, note that when you do you will loose any programs, software or drivers you installed after that date.



Also, whoever you are taking it to isn't worth their weight because it isn't a virus, though, I'm not saying there aren't viruses on your system, I'm just telling you what is causing this particular problem.



What gives with this heap of junk!?norton antivirus 2007



cool learn aeveryday Report It


Glad I could help. Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment