Friday, August 20, 2010

Virus/trojan/infection help?

I just recntly got a virus of sorts that when I restart my computer there is a red/white symbol in the back with like 3 taurus symbols(the zodiac sign) and a circle going through them. I can exit this out as it is just a full popup that goes behind my desktop shortcuts and has a minimize/maximize/exit/restore bar. My computer has downloaded 3 spyware protection programs automatically onto my computer onme including something called error cleaner i think. If anyone knows how to get this off of my computer or even knows what it is please answer. keep in mind that my system recovery thing won't work and I don't have a disk right now to re format my computer. Also, Norton does not find anything abnormal.



Virus/trojan/infection help?download



download adaware (you can google it) for free. This is a trusted program I assure you. Before doing that uninstall all of the other programs you talked about if you can. Do not restart the computer after the uninstall. Run the Adaware program and this should help. And in the future do not click ads that want to check your computer for free. Also I would dump Nortons and get Avast. You can google this also. it is a virus check/removal program, free and trusted. You can uninstall programs in your control panel (start-settings-control panel-add/remove programs).



Virus/trojan/infection help?hijackthis

No comments:

Post a Comment