Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What does this mean........Generic host process for Win32?

I keep getting this window pop up that just started about 2 days ago. It is a microsoft pop up that says Generic host process for Win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close. I do the send error report and then click on more info........which then takes me to the microsoft online crash analysis web site. There it says that it was a malicious software attack! Install security update immediately. Says the error was caused by malicious software attempting to gain control of my computer. Windows shut down to prevent the attack from continuing. I do have spyware and virus protection. What is causing this?



What does this mean........Generic host process for Win32?agv



I dont know if its just me but microsoft either has no idea of malware or they sponsor it.



What does this mean........Generic host process for Win32?antivirus software



Sorry but I found this amusing ''I do have spyware and virus protection''



There is no such thing as total protection.... If you think you are protected you are dilusional. Best you will get is about 80%. Virus scanners are almost useless these days its all about spyware and those can keep up with the constant flood of new stuff.



On the error.. many things run a generic host process. No real way to tell what it is without some very advanced tools like sysinternals style.



Elaborate on your ''protection'' and maybe someone can suggest something free that will complinent what you have already.



Also did you instal, upgrade or do anything before this started?



Finally you also have the option to use the system restore to roll the system back (sometimes it works too =) )

No comments:

Post a Comment