Friday, August 20, 2010

Pop ups... I have pop up blocker, two virus programs and firewall up...?

I keep getting pop ups, for stupid things like ads for spyware protection! It is driving me nuts. I have had this computer since 2005 and the pop up protection has always worked up until yesterday. I had about 5 programs in my add/remove programs on Windows XP for adware, spyware, etc....I deleted them, did a virus scan-nothing..an up to date virus scan...any help? It is a dell 6000 laptop, Win XP, running on internet explorer through our cable company...Any clue?



Pop ups... I have pop up blocker, two virus programs and firewall up...?computers



First choose ONE antivirus and uninstall the other; you should only have one running as full time (you can still keep the other if you use it only as an on-demand scanner.)



Then download, update, and run Superantispyware in safe mode.



http://superantispyware.com/



Here's how to start in safe mode: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/docum...



Pop ups... I have pop up blocker, two virus programs and firewall up...?hijack this



1st. Two virus programs running on the same system cause conflicts. Don't know which two you have running, but I suggest go to AVG and download AVG 7.5 Internet Security Suite Free 30 day trial version.



Download the AVG Internet Suite program - DO NOT INSTALL.



  • howtocurlwithaflatiron
  • find land for sale
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment