Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm connected but it's not enough?

My brother put some protection on our internet a while ago to discourage freeloaders, and apparently his family since he won't help hook up my computer. Through guess work looking at the our hooked up computer's connection, I was able to make my laptop find our wireless. The search window shows it as found. It's described as ''Not connected'' with 4/5 bars and also ''You are currently connected to this network. To disconnect from this network, click Disconnect.'' Double clicking it = disconnect too.



Under the control panel, it says 'not connected, firewalled.' I just refreshed the computer (recovery-system) so how can it be firewalled? Where should I go in my computer to fix it?



I'm connected but it's not enough?norton internet security 2008



In control panel, network connections, highlight your LAN (local area connection) connection and on the left in the blue, click on ''enable'' and your connection should then work.



The firewall message is just that you have windows firewall enabled, and will not stop your connection.



I'm connected but it's not enough?spyware removal



It sounds like he has either WEP or WPA Encryption on it. You need to crack his encrypt key, its not terribly hard, but it aint easy and you need at least a lilttel knowledge of linux.



Wiat till he is sleeping, Jump on his chest and threaten to pour freezing cold water on his Wee wee if he dosent tell you the code. (but even then when gets up he might change it)

No comments:

Post a Comment