Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My virus scan says it found unquarantined viruses,worms, and trojans; What do I do???

My McAfee Virusscan has found a number of viruses, worms, and trojans that it can't quarantine or ''clean''. It's a new computer that has all kinds of firewalls and protections up (all continually updated) so how can I fix this mess? I tried the McAfee help sections and CNET and got no help that I can understand. Any ideas (outside of throwing my puter from a tall building) would be much appreciated.



My virus scan says it found unquarantined viruses,worms, and trojans; What do I do???avast



Hello!



I understand your concern and your problem. I am a computer technician so I deal with these problems all the time.



Chances are, McAfee can't remove the viruses for two reasons. First, the viruses may be currently running in memory. It cannot delete files that are running in memory. Second, McAfee is probably the worst antivirus protection you can buy. Sorry to tell you that, but it's true. I recommend Symantec (http://www.symentec.com/) or NOD32 (http://nod32.com and this is the best in the industry).



One method of removing the viruses is to start the computer in SAFE Mode. To do this, restart the computer. As soon as the computer starts to boot (i.e. you see a logo screen) press the F8 key repeatedly. Then run your virus scan and see what happens. In SAFE mode, not everything loads, so you should be able to delete some (if not all) of the viruses.



Let me know if that works or if you need more help. You can e-mail me at b_savage@pacific.edu if you have any questions or would like further assistance.



Brandon Savage



My virus scan says it found unquarantined viruses,worms, and trojans; What do I do???ducati



ive had problems with that in the past. there might be too many firewalls activated.

No comments:

Post a Comment