Friday, August 20, 2010

How to Correct Very High CPU usuage in Windows VISTA??

I have had my windows Vista computer since X-mas. In the past few days, my CPU usuage has not dropped below 60% and is quite often higher. In task manager, the program using CPU is listed as ''system'' and described as NT Kernel %26 System.



I run McAfee virus/internet protection and it has detected no faults. When the computer is started in ''safe mode'' the CPU usuage is back to its normal values. In my search for a solution, I have seen this question asked several times with no usable solution. I want to make clear that my processor and RAM are adequate for VISTA, and reaffirm that the problem has started in the past few days.



Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. I would like to avoid a total system restoration at all costs. Thank you in advance!



How to Correct Very High CPU usuage in Windows VISTA??nortin



DO NOT REFORMAT your PC. It is likely something very minor. First off, did your PC automatically install service pack 1 for Vista recently? There may be an imcompatibility. Most PC's run better on SP1, but some do not. If it is definitely not SP1, then I would do 2 things.



1. Run System Restore. Just click the start button and type ''system restore'' into the box. Pick a date a couple of days before this problem happened. That should fix it.



2. If service pack 1 (SP1) is NOT the problem, then definitely install it. Go to Microsoft Downloads and get the 5-language full installer.



  • howtocurlwithaflatiron
  • find land for sale
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment