Wednesday, August 18, 2010

McAfee Security Center?

Every morning when I boot up my pc, I notice that the McAfee Security Center says ''Real-Time Virus Protection was disabled and not protecting your computer''....so i ENABLE it, and the log registers it...but the next day the same thing.



I have a Gateway, with Vista, and i DO turn off my pc and log off (shut down) when i am done. How can I get the Enable to stay. Thanks



McAfee Security Center?auto protect



I used to have the same problem, and a lot of digging later, here's what I found. It happens when:



1. Your McAfee subscription has expired, or



2. You have a virus on your system that's infected McAfee too, or



3. You installed something on your system after installing McAfee that disabled the real-time protection.



For me, it was (3). I reverted (restored) my system back to the factory shipped configuration and the problem vanished.



If that doesn't work for you or you can't restore it for some reason, the try running a few other anti-malware programs such as Trend Micro, Windows Defender, AVG, Kaspersky, Lavasoft Adaware and Spyware Terminator. They may be able to detect and fix the problem.



If it's (1), you'll have to contact McAfee support.



You could also post your question at http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.p... and see what they say.



  • howtocurlwithaflatiron
  • find land for sale
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment